April 29, 2018
On 25 May, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect. The United States has yet to adopt a standard for privacy rights. The GDPR may provide a model for consideration.
Here's a summary of the 8 data rights Europeans will have under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed – When your data is collected and for what purpose
- Right of access – View the data companies have gathered on you
- Right to rectification – Right to correct erroneous information about yourself in a company’s data records
- Right of erasure – AKA the “right to be forgotten,” although this right is not absolute
- Right to restrict processing – Request the suppression of your personal data file or restrict its processing
- Right to data portability – Take the data a company has collected on you and share it elsewhere
- Right to object – Object and prevent your data being used for particular purposes (superseded by legal
- Rights related to automatic decision-making – Profiled with your explicit consent, where this is necessary to
enter into a contract or where such processing is authorized by the state Companies which gather data on
EU citizens will have to abide by the GDPR.
An added benefit - ending spam email and regular mail.
Beware the Predator
On 25 May, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect. The United States has yet to adopt a standard for privacy rights. Th...
General Data Protection Regulation - Individual Data Rights
Facebook Privacy Fiasco
April 13, 2018
The “Golden State Killer (GSK)," aka, the "East Bay Rapist", Joseph James DeAngelo was arrested last week for 12 murders and 50 rapes in the 1970's an...
The Use of DNA Datasets in Solving Crimes
April 30, 2018
Peace on the Korean Peninsula?
April 27, 2018
Corporate Threat - Billion Dollar Hacking Group Fin7
April 6, 2018
When are acts of violence terrorism?
March 26, 2018
Understanding Privacy with Dave White
March 7, 2018
Secure Behavior Beats Tech - Panel Discussion with Warren Holston & Dave White
November 7, 2017
‘Don’t Be Schnook,’ And Other Sound Advice For Protecting Yourself
April 21, 2017
The Secret to…Tips From a Former CIA Agent for Protecting a High-Profile Target
March 15, 2017
April 2018 (5)
March 2018 (2)
November 2017 (1)
April 2017 (1)
March 2017 (1)
February 2017 (1)
October 2016 (1)
September 2016 (1)
2001 Sino-Russian Treaty of Friendship
Be a harder target.
Be a harder target. We can tell you how. (TM)
Chief Executive Officer